Indie Books: Slammed by Colleen Hoover



I first read this more than a year ago. She already had the series completed, which is Slammed, Point of No Retreat, and This Girl. I enjoyed all three of them, as well as her other books Hopeless and Losing Hope. Colleen Hoover just has Maybe Someday come out, which is published by Simon and Schuster.

This is the story of Layken and Will. Layken's father just died and they move as a result. She meets the boy across the street, and they have an obvious and real attraction to each other. And then stuff happens (I don't want to give it away) and they can't be together anymore.

I really enjoyed the story, and I liked the setting of the book, the background of the beat poetry, and all of the characters in this book. It is definitely worth reading.

I like her writing style, and it's definitely worth checking out. Another plus is that the writing is really quite clean, no graphic sex scenes or anything like that, in any of her books so far.

Have you read this? What did you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indie Books: Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot

Indie Books: The Outer Edge of Heaven by Jaclyn Hawkes